There are so many moments in your life when your children make you proud. But, today was the first time that I had one of those “Oh my gosh, my baby did that? He’s amazing!” kind of moments. I couldn’t really figure out what that particular thing was that made me more proud of him than I’d ever have felt before. Then, I realized that today was the first time that I saw him do something that I couldn’t do myself.
He’s a great kid and is a very good student, but besides that his biggest interest have been computers and video games – of course like any other teenager today. But those are things that I felt like I knew already. I know software pretty well, so anything that he was working on, he could come to me, and we could figure it out. But when I saw him working on that robot, it just blew my mind. I thought, “that’s something that I have never done, nor do I believe that I ever really could do anything like that. I don’t work on hardware or the physical portions of a computer – I’ve changed memory before, but that’s about it. But here is my baby working on the inside of the computer, doing something that I know that I couldn’t do.
It’s a special moment when you see your baby as a separate being from yourself and understand that he’s going to do good things.
- Making Embedded Content Work In Responsive Design
- The Psychic Life of Power: Theories in Subjection
- Gender and the Chivalric Community in Malory’s Morte D’Arthur
- Summary of Decameron tales
- Teenagers: A 1944 Photo Essay on a New American Phenomenon
- How to Wear an Ascot
- 50′s Neck Scarf
- Open Tabs From Mobile Safari On Your Mac OS X Mountain Lion Machine Via iCloud [OS X Tips]